Sunday, December 1, 2013

December Challenge: The Giving Tree





Tonight we began our December challenge..."The Giving Tree."

Each day, each one of us gives an act of service to someone. Then records that service on a "Giving Tree" card and hangs it on our Christmas tree.

We started off our challenge by singing, "Give Said The Little Stream."

Dave then shared the scripture Matthew 25:40...

"And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me."

Sarah shared Mosiah 2:17...

"And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God."
 

Next I shared the story of the "Giving Tree" by Shel Silverstein



 

We had a discussion about the story and the importance of love, sacrifice, and giving service.

Finally, we hung our good deeds for the day on our Christmas Tree.