Sunday, December 1, 2013

Supporting Causes

 White Ribbon Week Information

Today, I was asked to speak in Sunday School about my involvement in the community regarding morality and protecting our children from pornography. I was nervous to speak, but trusted that God will help me know what to say. Before church, I wrote down two pages worth of thoughts I had wanted to share. I felt a moment of nostalgia as I reflected on the many prayers said, courageous steps taken, and miracles I had witnessed in my community this past year and a half. 

When approaching the congregation to speak, my heart was racing with anxiety. I felt uncertain about what I wrote down. I looked at my paper and then folded it in half. I didn't need it. The words just came to me. The Lord truly blessed me to convey the message he wanted me to share.

I was reminded of the following scripture...

 "Therefore, verily I say unto you, lift up your voices unto this people; speak the thoughts that I shall put into your hearts, and you shall not be confounded before men;

"For it shall be given you in the very hour, yea, in the very moment, what ye shall say."--D&C100:5-6 

If you haven't read up on my journey of fighting pornography in my community, here it is...

Victory

Standing Up for Community Values 
Miracles 

See Video streams of Council Meetings where members of the community took a stand.
September 24th and November 26th meetings... Here

Research and Resources on Pornography: