Friday, September 20, 2013

Gratitude Day 20: Miracles


Yesterday, I was researching health codes, studying laws, and reading news articles...pretty much investigating actions that could be taken against the X-rated Espresso stand in our city and in the process of it all, I found 32 pages of key information that I needed. I hit print and kept getting an alert that my printer was out of ink. I ignored the alert and continued printing, despite the ink shortage. I was determined to get these pages printed and into the right hands.

A miracle happened, the pages came out of my printer in full color, with no fading. I took the pages to the first coalition meeting and told everyone there what I had found. Cheers and applause enveloped the room. I felt proud to have contributed to something good and grateful that God has been watching over and blessing me. At the end of the meeting I handed the pages over to one of the women in charge. I asked her to make a copy of it, in case it happened to get lost or "accidentally misplaced," upon turning in.

I went home after the meeting and felt unsettled about having only one copy, so I printed another one off. Once again ink error messages, but I was able to print off the whole thing perfectly. I glanced at the first printed page as I was putting a paper clip on and noticed a site was listed, which possibly would lead me to more information. It was late, so I didn't check it out. I retire to bed, but didn't sleep well.

This morning I had a feeling I should check the ink in my printer, just in case I needed to print something else later. All of the ink cartridges were completely empty and dried up except a little black ink and there was no time in my day to go buy more ink. I logged onto my computer and checked out the site that I wanted to investigate the night before. It was definitely more key information. I sat there wondering for a moment, how I would print it off with no ink. Then I remembered the miracle yesterday, visualizing the "ink out" alert flashing on my screen and how I was still able to print 64 colored pages with no problem. I was determined that another miracle would take place today. I prayed and with complete faith I hit the print button. I cried as I watched 13 pages come out of my printer in full color, no fading. I thanked God for a miracle like the loaves and the fishes.

I am still in awe and gratitude right now.

I got a call later in the day from one of the coalition members asking if I had another copy of the 32 pages. I mentioned to her that I felt it was necessary that we have more than one copy, so I made sure to make an extra and asked other members of the coalition to make copies as well. I shared the miracle with her. It was a beautiful moment of gratitude for the both of us.

There is so much more to be done and a lot of support needed. I pray that people will rally with us in support. One thing is for certain, I know without a doubt that no matter what happens with this fight for good, God is on our side. He and his army of angels are not only guiding us, but protecting us.

This song was on the radio this week and gave me so much strength. It's just perfect...