Thursday, September 19, 2013

Gratitude Day 19: Lessons of Worth from a Rock



A Rock--

My 9 year old daughter loves to collect rocks. She gave me one once when I dropped her off for school. She said, "Mom, this rock is for you, because you are pretty like this rock."

At first I thought, "This rock is not pretty!"

Then as I looked at it, I noticed it sparkled and shined when the light hit it just right. Warmth and gratitude entered my heart. She bestowed upon me such a sweet and simple gift and I learned a beautiful lesson from it.

A rock at first glance is not pretty, but when you look closer you can see the beauty within.

I am pretty, maybe not at first glance, but I am when you look closer, when you get to know who I am and see what I have to give. Just like this rock was created for a purpose, I was, too.