I was asked to speak to my church congregation today on the topic of
How to Enthusiastically and Effectively Share the Gospel of Jesus Christ?
This is what I shared...
I come from a family with a rich history of missionary service. As I was preparing what to share, I felt inspired to focus my talk on the missionary experiences of my paternal grandparents, LaMar and Nyal Williams; for it has been their faithful service and enthusiastic dedication to sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ that has instilled within my heart a desire to follow in their footsteps.
I can remember as a child; at family reunions, my cousins and I sitting at the feet of our grandparents, listening to them retell their many mission stories. I can still recall the excitement in their voices as they talked of the gospel, the light in their eyes as they bore testimony to us, and I can still feel the love they had for the people they taught and served.
Their missionary journey began in 1939. With two young children in tow, they accepted the call to serve in the Lansing, Michigan, Northern States Mission. For 6 months they tracted up and down the streets of the city with their children, sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ. It was short mission, but my grandfather was able to baptize a family of seven and later witness them sealed together forever in the Idaho Falls Temple.
In 1946, my grandfather was assigned to develop a visual aid department for Deseret Book. That summer he accompanied President George Albert Smith and a group of church leaders to film their travels of the Old Mormon Trail. The film was called, “Where the Saints Have Trod.” He then filmed later that summer, “Pioneer Trails,” depicting the trek from Vermont to the Salt Lake Valley by handcart.
In 1949, Elder Gordon B. Hinckley requested that my grandfather serve as the 3rd member of the missionary department of the church. He was an assistant to Elder Gordon B. Hinckley for 27 years and a guide on Temple Square for 25 years. When Elder Hinckley became a General Authority, my grandfather took over his position as the executive secretary in the missionary department.
My grandmother Nyal wrote the following in her personal history about his missionary efforts…
“One of the duties Elder Hinckley passed on to LaMar was producing the radio program, “Sunday Evening from Temple Square.” When LaMar took over there was one station carrying the program and before he quit he had built it up to 367 stations throughout the United States and Canada. He was constantly upgrading and improving missionary methods, inventing and creating new missionary tools and equipment plus extra helps for the 70’s and members of the mission fields. He even came up with the idea of films in the temples and spent two years traveling, photographing and assisting in the production.
While we were living in Iona, Idaho and teaching school he took on a little project of his own and taught the Gospel in the evenings. He taught and baptized 17 of the 41 non-members in that little community in 32 weeks. Out of this experience came the slogan, “Every member, a missionary.”
In 1959 a letter from a man named Honesty John Ekong from Nigeria, Africa came to my grandfather LaMar in the missionary department requesting for information about the church. He answered the letter and immediately sent him some church literature.
As the months passed, more letters came in from Nigeria and Ghana requesting more literature. Grandfather sent pamphlets and a surplus of church publications including Book of Mormons and the Doctrine and Covenants.
One letter came from a journalist from Nigeria named Adewale Ogunmokum, in it he said, Quote “You know the desire of my heart. It is to be baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost by the laying on of hands by one having authority and I dare say you cannot deny me.”
My grandfather immediately took the letter up to President David O. McKay who read it, looked up and smiled and said, “LaMar, I’m going to send you to Nigeria.”
In 1961 LaMar was sent to Nigeria, Africa on a Missionary assignment by President David O. McKay to find out if the people wanting to be baptized there were sincere, and they indeed were.
In 1963 LaMar was set apart by President David O. Mckay and the First Presidency as the Presiding Elder of Nigeria (The First LDS missionary to the Nigerians). Part of his call was to work with the government to enable missionaries to get visas into their country. Everything was going great, when one morning my grandfather received a cable gram from the First Presidency of the Church stating, “Cease negotiations immediately and return home.” Three hours later he boarded a plane back for the states. When he arrived home, he and my grandmother went to peak with President Tanner about the reason for the cablegram. President Tanner said, “LaMar we don’t know why, we only knew we must and that it was urgent, but we will know.”
A few weeks later the Bi-African war broke out.
In 1964, he was called by Elder Harold B. Lee and Mark E. Petersen as a Stake Mission President of the Riverside Stake in Salt Lake City. The mission had 93 baptisms his first year.
In 1969 he organized a Mormon Youth Symphony and Chorus. Grandmother said, “his motive was one more effective missionary tool to help spread the Lord’s gospel to the world.”
The Mormon Youth Symphony and Chorus use to travel and perform internationally from 1969-1999. When its members reached a certain age, many were invited to join the world-famous Mormon Tabernacle choir.
In 1974, La Mar and Nyal were both called to preside over the Gulf States Mission. My grandmother said, “It was a humbling experience to realize you are responsible for the physical and spiritual welfare of hundreds of sons and daughters of our Heavenly Father; accountable to Him and to their earthly parents as well. We spent many sleepless nights and anxious days of those three years and with fasting and prayer to know the Lord’s will concerning some, but through it all, loved our work.”
In 1979, the year I was born, my grandparents were both called as special representatives of the International Missions in Nigeria and Ghana. In the 13 months they served there, many baptisms occurred. The largest being a whole church congregation with their minister, which was performed in the Atlantic Ocean, with each member being confirmed as they came out of the water.
Grandmother said of the Nigerian and Ghana people, “These are God’s children and He wants them taught the gospel. He loves them. All are alike unto Him… By nature they are spiritually minded people and very responsive to the Gospel message. There are many who are valiant among them. They are also very courteous and hospitable. The Children there learn obedience and responsibility at a very young age. They spend their childhood caring for the babies and younger ones of the family while their mothers work in the market place or raise crops on the farms. On Sunday you will see rows of very young children sitting through a two-hour meeting and never make a disturbance.” (I guess I need to put my children to work and they’ll be a little more reverent…right?)
My grandparents had much success in Nigeria and Ghana, but also many struggles with the government. They were rarely allowed to use the title Elder or Sister and it was often difficult to maintain extensions to their visas, yet somehow just when their visas would expire; the Lord always provided away for them to acquire new visas and extend their stay until their work was finished.
In 1981 they returned home and continued to serve other small missions in Salt Lake City before their health took a toll in the 1990’s and they passed on.
One thing my grandmother wrote in her history that has stuck with me is “If you are on the Lord’s errand you need not fear. Just pray and go and do your work.”
Nine months ago, I did just that. I had been studying my scriptures for weeks and praying for a missionary experience. One day, while reading my scriptures, I had a strong impression that the Sister missionaries were going to call me. I hung onto that thought all day. Never doubting it, just accepting it was going to happen.
At around 4:15 pm, sure enough the sister missionaries texted me, asking if I could go visit a family with them who was investigating the church. At first I hesitated to text back. I was afraid, thinking, "I wouldn't know what to say. I had never served a mission and felt inadequate to share my belief with strangers."
I prayed to know what to do. Of course, the thought came to go and teach.
I texted the missionaries back and said I would go. They responded letting me know they were going to teach the family about the Godhead.
I looked up some scriptures in the Bible and Book of Mormon on the God head. Then doubts crept in again. I prayed for strength and courage and was determined to go and do as the Lord had commanded me.
As I drove to the house of the family we were visiting, I rehearsed the following scriptures over and over…. 2 Timothy 1:7, “God hath not given me the spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind” & Philippians 4:13, “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.” I pulled up to the driveway and prayed one more time to have all doubts leave and asked God to unloose my tongue so I could speak from my heart and soul the things he wanted me to say.
I met the missionaries on the doorstep and was warmly welcomed into this family’s home. There were two children present, a boy age 9 and a girl age 8. The children were thrilled to see the missionaries. Their eyes lit up with joy! They brought out their scriptures and waited with excitement to read.
We sat down in their living room and the woman we were teaching proceeded to ask about our belief in the Godhead. She had been a Baptist all of her life and was taught to believe in the Trinity. However, she had felt very strongly that God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit were 3 separate beings. She wanted to hear our testimony about the Godhead.
When it was my turn to share, the words came easily and with conviction. I said, "I know God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost are three separate beings and I came to know this through prayer." I then shared the following experience…
I have had several trials over the last few years and while struggling to understand the reasons why I was suffering, I felt the desire to turn to God for help. I knelt down in prayer and asked what God's will was for me?
As I started to pray, peace washed over me and warmth resonated in my heart. This feeling was undeniable. I knew it was the Holy Ghost sent to bring me comfort. I have felt it many times before, but never with so much power as that moment of prayer. I knew I was praying to God my Heavenly Father and I knew he had a son Jesus Christ, my Savior who had atoned for my suffering. He was aware of pain and could help me find answers and healing.
I shared some scriptures I had studied about the Godhead and bore testimony of God’s Love for us and the power of prayer. I told them of a time when my older sister was serving a mission for the church in Aruba and how my mom hadn’t heard from her for a few months and was worried about her. She decided to pray to know if she was okay.
The next morning my mother was awakened to a call from the Prophet of our Church, President Gordon B. Hinckley. He said he had just visited the missionaries in Aruba and met her daughter. He said she was okay and was a great missionary!
My mother was full of gratitude for such a blessing and direct answer to her prayers from a Prophet of God. Through this experience she knew God loved her and was aware of her needs. I too felt of His love as she shared this experience with me. More questions were asked and I found that I was not tongue tied or scared in any way to speak what I knew to be truth. Everything just came to my mind crystal clear.
Before ending our visit, the missionaries challenged the family to read the Book of Mormon and pray about it. I was filled with enthusiasm at this time and had decided to invite the family to church. The mom said they'd try to make it. Her daughter then asked if she could read one of the Book of Mormon stories to us. My heart rejoiced! I listened as she read and felt so much love for this family. When she finished, the sister missionaries asked if we could pray together and invited them to ask in the prayer, if the Book of Mormon was a true. The little girl volunteered to pray and offered a simple and sincere prayer, asking if the Book of Mormon was true. When the prayer ended we all sat in reverence for about a minute. Then the boy exclaimed, "Well I got my answer...its true!"
I was amazed to have witnessed such a beautiful experience of child-like faith and all we did was open our mouths. No fancy words or memorized script, just pure, solemn testimony of truth made manifest in our own lives. We taught by the Spirit the truth that God had placed in our hearts through our own experiences.
The woman did come to church a few times. She hasn’t accepted the gospel, but I am hopeful. I know a seed of faith was planted in the hearts of her children. In fact her daughter saw me a few weeks later at school when I was volunteering and said, “I remember you, you came to my house with the missionaries.” I said, “Yes, I did and then asked are you coming to church?” No response, but a big smile as she bounded off down the school hallway.
Even though this one experience didn’t result in a baptism, it changed my life; giving me courage, faith, confidence, a deeper love, and a stronger desire to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with everyone.
Elder M. Russell Ballard said in a few months ago in a conference talk entitled, “Put Your Trust in the Lord,
“Brothers and sisters, fear will be replaced with faith and confidence when members and the full-time missionaries kneel in prayer and ask the Lord to bless them with missionary opportunities. Then, we must demonstrate our faith and watch for opportunities to introduce the gospel of Jesus Christ to our Heavenly Father’s children, and surely those opportunities will come. These opportunities will never require a forced or a contrived response. They will flow as a natural result of our love for our brothers and sisters. Just be positive, and those whom you speak with will feel your love. They will never forget that feeling, though the timing may not be right for them to embrace the gospel. That too may change in the future when their circumstances change.
It is impossible for us to fail when we do our best when we are on the Lord’s errand. While the outcome is a result of the exercise of one’s agency, sharing the gospel is our responsibility.”
Over the last 9 months, as I have went on other visits with the sister missionaries with no success, I began to feel a little discouraged, but as I saw the sisters walk away from closed doors with a smile, I felt uplifted and later realized that no effort made goes un-wasted. Who knows how many seeds are planted just by showing up on a door step.
I know when we seek opportunities to share the gospel, the Lord will open doors for us. We may not have an experience like my grandparents with the doors of an entire country opening, but we can by small and simple means take part right here in our own communities in a great work to open the doors to the hearts of our neighbors, friends, family, and even strangers. You’ll be surprised at what miracles can happen when you are on the Lord’s errand.
It really is simple and my grandmother Nyal said it best, “Pray, then go and do your work.”
In Doctrine and Covenants 100: 5-6 the Lord says,
“Therefore, verily I say unto you, lift up your voices unto this people; aspeak the thoughts that I shall put into your hearts, and you shall not be bconfounded before men;
“ For it shall be agiven you in the very hour, yea, in the very moment, what ye shall say.”
I know this to be true. I am a witness of it. I know that as long as we are willing and prepared to teach the gospel, our Heavenly Father will expand our humble and obedient efforts. Every member a missionary! In the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
How to Enthusiastically and Effectively Share the Gospel of Jesus Christ?
This is what I shared...
I come from a family with a rich history of missionary service. As I was preparing what to share, I felt inspired to focus my talk on the missionary experiences of my paternal grandparents, LaMar and Nyal Williams; for it has been their faithful service and enthusiastic dedication to sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ that has instilled within my heart a desire to follow in their footsteps.
I can remember as a child; at family reunions, my cousins and I sitting at the feet of our grandparents, listening to them retell their many mission stories. I can still recall the excitement in their voices as they talked of the gospel, the light in their eyes as they bore testimony to us, and I can still feel the love they had for the people they taught and served.
Their missionary journey began in 1939. With two young children in tow, they accepted the call to serve in the Lansing, Michigan, Northern States Mission. For 6 months they tracted up and down the streets of the city with their children, sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ. It was short mission, but my grandfather was able to baptize a family of seven and later witness them sealed together forever in the Idaho Falls Temple.
In 1946, my grandfather was assigned to develop a visual aid department for Deseret Book. That summer he accompanied President George Albert Smith and a group of church leaders to film their travels of the Old Mormon Trail. The film was called, “Where the Saints Have Trod.” He then filmed later that summer, “Pioneer Trails,” depicting the trek from Vermont to the Salt Lake Valley by handcart.
In 1949, Elder Gordon B. Hinckley requested that my grandfather serve as the 3rd member of the missionary department of the church. He was an assistant to Elder Gordon B. Hinckley for 27 years and a guide on Temple Square for 25 years. When Elder Hinckley became a General Authority, my grandfather took over his position as the executive secretary in the missionary department.
My grandmother Nyal wrote the following in her personal history about his missionary efforts…
“One of the duties Elder Hinckley passed on to LaMar was producing the radio program, “Sunday Evening from Temple Square.” When LaMar took over there was one station carrying the program and before he quit he had built it up to 367 stations throughout the United States and Canada. He was constantly upgrading and improving missionary methods, inventing and creating new missionary tools and equipment plus extra helps for the 70’s and members of the mission fields. He even came up with the idea of films in the temples and spent two years traveling, photographing and assisting in the production.
While we were living in Iona, Idaho and teaching school he took on a little project of his own and taught the Gospel in the evenings. He taught and baptized 17 of the 41 non-members in that little community in 32 weeks. Out of this experience came the slogan, “Every member, a missionary.”
In 1959 a letter from a man named Honesty John Ekong from Nigeria, Africa came to my grandfather LaMar in the missionary department requesting for information about the church. He answered the letter and immediately sent him some church literature.
As the months passed, more letters came in from Nigeria and Ghana requesting more literature. Grandfather sent pamphlets and a surplus of church publications including Book of Mormons and the Doctrine and Covenants.
One letter came from a journalist from Nigeria named Adewale Ogunmokum, in it he said, Quote “You know the desire of my heart. It is to be baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost by the laying on of hands by one having authority and I dare say you cannot deny me.”
My grandfather immediately took the letter up to President David O. McKay who read it, looked up and smiled and said, “LaMar, I’m going to send you to Nigeria.”
In 1961 LaMar was sent to Nigeria, Africa on a Missionary assignment by President David O. McKay to find out if the people wanting to be baptized there were sincere, and they indeed were.
In 1963 LaMar was set apart by President David O. Mckay and the First Presidency as the Presiding Elder of Nigeria (The First LDS missionary to the Nigerians). Part of his call was to work with the government to enable missionaries to get visas into their country. Everything was going great, when one morning my grandfather received a cable gram from the First Presidency of the Church stating, “Cease negotiations immediately and return home.” Three hours later he boarded a plane back for the states. When he arrived home, he and my grandmother went to peak with President Tanner about the reason for the cablegram. President Tanner said, “LaMar we don’t know why, we only knew we must and that it was urgent, but we will know.”
A few weeks later the Bi-African war broke out.
In 1964, he was called by Elder Harold B. Lee and Mark E. Petersen as a Stake Mission President of the Riverside Stake in Salt Lake City. The mission had 93 baptisms his first year.
In 1969 he organized a Mormon Youth Symphony and Chorus. Grandmother said, “his motive was one more effective missionary tool to help spread the Lord’s gospel to the world.”
The Mormon Youth Symphony and Chorus use to travel and perform internationally from 1969-1999. When its members reached a certain age, many were invited to join the world-famous Mormon Tabernacle choir.
In 1974, La Mar and Nyal were both called to preside over the Gulf States Mission. My grandmother said, “It was a humbling experience to realize you are responsible for the physical and spiritual welfare of hundreds of sons and daughters of our Heavenly Father; accountable to Him and to their earthly parents as well. We spent many sleepless nights and anxious days of those three years and with fasting and prayer to know the Lord’s will concerning some, but through it all, loved our work.”
In 1979, the year I was born, my grandparents were both called as special representatives of the International Missions in Nigeria and Ghana. In the 13 months they served there, many baptisms occurred. The largest being a whole church congregation with their minister, which was performed in the Atlantic Ocean, with each member being confirmed as they came out of the water.
Grandmother said of the Nigerian and Ghana people, “These are God’s children and He wants them taught the gospel. He loves them. All are alike unto Him… By nature they are spiritually minded people and very responsive to the Gospel message. There are many who are valiant among them. They are also very courteous and hospitable. The Children there learn obedience and responsibility at a very young age. They spend their childhood caring for the babies and younger ones of the family while their mothers work in the market place or raise crops on the farms. On Sunday you will see rows of very young children sitting through a two-hour meeting and never make a disturbance.” (I guess I need to put my children to work and they’ll be a little more reverent…right?)
My grandparents had much success in Nigeria and Ghana, but also many struggles with the government. They were rarely allowed to use the title Elder or Sister and it was often difficult to maintain extensions to their visas, yet somehow just when their visas would expire; the Lord always provided away for them to acquire new visas and extend their stay until their work was finished.
In 1981 they returned home and continued to serve other small missions in Salt Lake City before their health took a toll in the 1990’s and they passed on.
One thing my grandmother wrote in her history that has stuck with me is “If you are on the Lord’s errand you need not fear. Just pray and go and do your work.”
Nine months ago, I did just that. I had been studying my scriptures for weeks and praying for a missionary experience. One day, while reading my scriptures, I had a strong impression that the Sister missionaries were going to call me. I hung onto that thought all day. Never doubting it, just accepting it was going to happen.
At around 4:15 pm, sure enough the sister missionaries texted me, asking if I could go visit a family with them who was investigating the church. At first I hesitated to text back. I was afraid, thinking, "I wouldn't know what to say. I had never served a mission and felt inadequate to share my belief with strangers."
I prayed to know what to do. Of course, the thought came to go and teach.
I texted the missionaries back and said I would go. They responded letting me know they were going to teach the family about the Godhead.
I looked up some scriptures in the Bible and Book of Mormon on the God head. Then doubts crept in again. I prayed for strength and courage and was determined to go and do as the Lord had commanded me.
As I drove to the house of the family we were visiting, I rehearsed the following scriptures over and over…. 2 Timothy 1:7, “God hath not given me the spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind” & Philippians 4:13, “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.” I pulled up to the driveway and prayed one more time to have all doubts leave and asked God to unloose my tongue so I could speak from my heart and soul the things he wanted me to say.
I met the missionaries on the doorstep and was warmly welcomed into this family’s home. There were two children present, a boy age 9 and a girl age 8. The children were thrilled to see the missionaries. Their eyes lit up with joy! They brought out their scriptures and waited with excitement to read.
We sat down in their living room and the woman we were teaching proceeded to ask about our belief in the Godhead. She had been a Baptist all of her life and was taught to believe in the Trinity. However, she had felt very strongly that God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit were 3 separate beings. She wanted to hear our testimony about the Godhead.
When it was my turn to share, the words came easily and with conviction. I said, "I know God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost are three separate beings and I came to know this through prayer." I then shared the following experience…
I have had several trials over the last few years and while struggling to understand the reasons why I was suffering, I felt the desire to turn to God for help. I knelt down in prayer and asked what God's will was for me?
As I started to pray, peace washed over me and warmth resonated in my heart. This feeling was undeniable. I knew it was the Holy Ghost sent to bring me comfort. I have felt it many times before, but never with so much power as that moment of prayer. I knew I was praying to God my Heavenly Father and I knew he had a son Jesus Christ, my Savior who had atoned for my suffering. He was aware of pain and could help me find answers and healing.
I shared some scriptures I had studied about the Godhead and bore testimony of God’s Love for us and the power of prayer. I told them of a time when my older sister was serving a mission for the church in Aruba and how my mom hadn’t heard from her for a few months and was worried about her. She decided to pray to know if she was okay.
The next morning my mother was awakened to a call from the Prophet of our Church, President Gordon B. Hinckley. He said he had just visited the missionaries in Aruba and met her daughter. He said she was okay and was a great missionary!
My mother was full of gratitude for such a blessing and direct answer to her prayers from a Prophet of God. Through this experience she knew God loved her and was aware of her needs. I too felt of His love as she shared this experience with me. More questions were asked and I found that I was not tongue tied or scared in any way to speak what I knew to be truth. Everything just came to my mind crystal clear.
Before ending our visit, the missionaries challenged the family to read the Book of Mormon and pray about it. I was filled with enthusiasm at this time and had decided to invite the family to church. The mom said they'd try to make it. Her daughter then asked if she could read one of the Book of Mormon stories to us. My heart rejoiced! I listened as she read and felt so much love for this family. When she finished, the sister missionaries asked if we could pray together and invited them to ask in the prayer, if the Book of Mormon was a true. The little girl volunteered to pray and offered a simple and sincere prayer, asking if the Book of Mormon was true. When the prayer ended we all sat in reverence for about a minute. Then the boy exclaimed, "Well I got my answer...its true!"
I was amazed to have witnessed such a beautiful experience of child-like faith and all we did was open our mouths. No fancy words or memorized script, just pure, solemn testimony of truth made manifest in our own lives. We taught by the Spirit the truth that God had placed in our hearts through our own experiences.
The woman did come to church a few times. She hasn’t accepted the gospel, but I am hopeful. I know a seed of faith was planted in the hearts of her children. In fact her daughter saw me a few weeks later at school when I was volunteering and said, “I remember you, you came to my house with the missionaries.” I said, “Yes, I did and then asked are you coming to church?” No response, but a big smile as she bounded off down the school hallway.
Even though this one experience didn’t result in a baptism, it changed my life; giving me courage, faith, confidence, a deeper love, and a stronger desire to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with everyone.
Elder M. Russell Ballard said in a few months ago in a conference talk entitled, “Put Your Trust in the Lord,
“Brothers and sisters, fear will be replaced with faith and confidence when members and the full-time missionaries kneel in prayer and ask the Lord to bless them with missionary opportunities. Then, we must demonstrate our faith and watch for opportunities to introduce the gospel of Jesus Christ to our Heavenly Father’s children, and surely those opportunities will come. These opportunities will never require a forced or a contrived response. They will flow as a natural result of our love for our brothers and sisters. Just be positive, and those whom you speak with will feel your love. They will never forget that feeling, though the timing may not be right for them to embrace the gospel. That too may change in the future when their circumstances change.
It is impossible for us to fail when we do our best when we are on the Lord’s errand. While the outcome is a result of the exercise of one’s agency, sharing the gospel is our responsibility.”
Over the last 9 months, as I have went on other visits with the sister missionaries with no success, I began to feel a little discouraged, but as I saw the sisters walk away from closed doors with a smile, I felt uplifted and later realized that no effort made goes un-wasted. Who knows how many seeds are planted just by showing up on a door step.
I know when we seek opportunities to share the gospel, the Lord will open doors for us. We may not have an experience like my grandparents with the doors of an entire country opening, but we can by small and simple means take part right here in our own communities in a great work to open the doors to the hearts of our neighbors, friends, family, and even strangers. You’ll be surprised at what miracles can happen when you are on the Lord’s errand.
It really is simple and my grandmother Nyal said it best, “Pray, then go and do your work.”
In Doctrine and Covenants 100: 5-6 the Lord says,
“Therefore, verily I say unto you, lift up your voices unto this people; aspeak the thoughts that I shall put into your hearts, and you shall not be bconfounded before men;
“ For it shall be agiven you in the very hour, yea, in the very moment, what ye shall say.”
I know this to be true. I am a witness of it. I know that as long as we are willing and prepared to teach the gospel, our Heavenly Father will expand our humble and obedient efforts. Every member a missionary! In the name of Jesus Christ Amen.