I have been pondering upon God's will for quite some time. Last night before retiring to bed, the Sister Missionaries texted me; inviting me to accompany them in the morning and share my testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to two women they had just met. Before answering back, I recalled the words of a sister's testimony given at church on Sunday, "Put aside what you are doing and go out with the Sister Missionaries, you won't regret it."
Her words empowered me to respond with a resounding "YES!"
I didn't sleep well. My husband had the heat up too high. Upon rising from my bed, I could see it was cloudy and cold outside. I went out to take a picture of the sky for the "Gratitude Photo Challenge." Light snow flakes began to fall. I hoped they would stick. I went back inside to get warm and watched as the snow began to blanket the neighborhood. Gratitude and excitement filled my heart.
I went to my bedroom and sat at my desk to write my thoughts down. My oldest daughter woke up and groggily walked out to the living room, then immediately bounded back to her room and announced to everyone that it was snowing. The youngest two burst from their beds and ran to the window. I heard all sorts of commotion. I savored the moment, listening to the joyful noise of my children as they put on their snow gear.
I decided to make some homemade pumpkin bread for the Sister Missionaries. As it was baking, the aroma of the bread mixed with the excitement of snow brought out the child in me. I set the timer for the bread and took a break to enjoy each smile, laugh, and squeal. My two littlest were covered head to toe in snow gear. They tromped gleefully outside to explore the winter wonderland. I followed them outside and took pictures of their snow creations and silliness. I marveled at their creativity and hoped their masterpieces would still be waiting for them when they returned home from school.

They played right up until the bus came to pick them up. I waved goodbye, tucked myself away in the warmth of my home, slipped on some leg warmers, and began to feed my soul with the words of God. I came across a scripture that spoke to me...
"I am called by his Holy Spirit to teach these things unto this people, that they may be brought to a knowledge of that which is just and true;
"And a portion of that Spirit dwelleth in me, which giveth me knowledge, and also power according to my faith and desires which are in God." (Alma 18:34 & 35)
It is true, I have a portion of the Holy Spirit within me; in fact we all do.
As I said my morning prayers I asked to be able to have the power to speak truth to those I was called to teach today. Whether it be to the two women, my friends, or my children I know it is the Lord's will that I teach His gospel this day. I don't know what I am teaching, but have faith that the words will come in the very moment I need them to.
I am grateful for the perfect morning...it's rare and I am cherishing it.
As I said my morning prayers I asked to be able to have the power to speak truth to those I was called to teach today. Whether it be to the two women, my friends, or my children I know it is the Lord's will that I teach His gospel this day. I don't know what I am teaching, but have faith that the words will come in the very moment I need them to.
I am grateful for the perfect morning...it's rare and I am cherishing it.
