"When we grasp even a glimpse, even a small insight into the outcome of something very important to us, we can somehow develop the capacity, the endurance, the desire, the stamina, and above all, the faith to accomplish it."--Ardeth Kapp
On July 7, 2013 I wrote in my journal...
In my prayers this morning I asked the Lord to lead me to His will. I then opened my scriptures, because that is where I receive my answers.1 Nephi 3:7 came to my mind, so I likened it unto me."And it came to pass that I (Tiffani) said unto my Father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded me, for I know the Lord giveth no commandment unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the things which he hath commanded them."I knew then that no matter what, if I was willing to do what the Lord asks of me, He'd make a way for me to accomplish anything.I closed my scriptures and sat quietly, tuning out the world and listening for more guidance.The sweetest tender mercy happened...D&C 25:8 popped in my head. I opened my scriptures and turned to it, not knowing what the words were beforehand, yet hoping they'd inspire me to do something. The part of the verse that stuck out to me as a direct answer had already been underlined..."...thy time shall be given to writing and learning."I knew the Lord wanted me to write and continue to learn about Him. I had faith that he would help me accomplish his will.
For the many days that followed, I continued to study the scriptures and record my thoughts and impression in a journal. I knew if I kept at it, that someday my posterity would draw strength from my writings.
Back in August, I was cleaning out my basement and found tucked away in a bin, my Grandmother Nyal and Grandfather Llamar's history. I felt sad that I didn't know them very well. The memories I do have are vague. I was just a teenager when they passed on.
As I read their history I was amazed at their strength, faith, and love for the Lord. Many miracles were shared within those pages and I felt my own faith being strengthened. It had never occurred to me that I had had a heritage, so rich in faith and courage. My grandmother suffered incredible losses and physical pain, yet never doubted her faith in the Lord. Her words were beautiful and her way of writing pulled me in. I didn't want to put those pages down. I felt a longing to share her stories with my children. I also knew I had stories of my own to share and longed to pen them to paper for my children and future generations to cherish.
Today as I was searching for a photo of my children playing in the leaves to post for the gratitude photo challenge, I found myself looking at all of the old photos of our family and remembering the good times we've had together. I suddenly longed to have a tangible book for each of my children to take with them when they leave home someday. Right now I have a 14 year old son and in 4 years he will be on his own. I am hoping to be able to give him a book of his childhood and youth; complete with photos that he can share with his children someday.
I have thousands of photos saved on a hard drive and in boxes in the basement. It feels overwhelming to think about going through and organizing all of them, but I feel it's a small sacrifice I can make for my children. I am actually excited about the adventure and memories it will bring.
For the past 3 years I have been recording memories, notes from priesthood blessings, funny stories, advice, and impressions for each of my children in individual books. They keep asking me when they will get them. I say, "I will know when to give yours to you."
The following quote empowers me to keep writing my life story and the story of my children's lives...
"Whatever you vividly imagine, ardently desire, sincerely believe, and enthusiastically act upon...must inevitably come to pass!" --Paul J. Meyers
