Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Gratitude Day 53: Music

Music is important to the lives of many people. Students can use music to express thoughts and feelings that they cannot put to paper.  Music can be used as a form of literature for a project in school or simply a students personal life. 
When you feel like everything is broken and all is lost...when you need a reminder that God is there just turn on Christian radio or listen to church hymns. Music has the power to penetrate your soul and break open the doors of pain, letting the healing light of God's love in.  

  
Today as I scrolled down my Facebook news feed, I saw an opportunity to express gratitude in a comment. The question...

What is a one phrased reminder of God's presence in your midst?
My response...MUSIC! 

There are so many songs that have touched my soul, warmed my heart, and brought me out of the depths of despair.

I feel I should share those songs with you. In fact, I created a tab on my blog for MUSICI will be adding to it periodically, so check back. I hope you will find one that touches you.

A few months ago, I was pondering on the previous year. I had literally been to hell and back. Sorry, I said, "Hell" mom, but it's true! In other words, I went through something I never thought I'd have to experience. You know when people say, "God won't give you more that you handle?" That's not true! He does give you more than you can handle; and It's necessary! Oh and you do break, you really do, but it's for your own good. God can't fix you or make you better until your broken...until you are lower than the dust from which he created you from.

I remember well the moments my body, heart, and soul broke.
I remember amidst the shadows of night feeling very afraid and lonely.
I remember kneeling in fervent prayer,
pleaded and pleaded with God to come to my rescue.
 I remember feeling His strength, His light, His warmth, His love, His peace.
I remembering hearing His words...
" Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."-- John 14:27

The following song explains my experience and portrays my emotions perfectly. When I watched it for the first time, I felt a deep connection with the words and I cried. Then today as I watched it again, I thought, "Wow, she knows me!" Then I thought, "No, it's God who really knows me."




"Need You Now (How Many Times)"
Well, everybody's got a story to tell
And everybody's got a wound to be healed
I want to believe there's beauty here
'Cause oh, I get so tired of holding on
I can't let go, I can't move on
I want to believe there's meaning here

How many times have you heard me cry out
"God please take this"?
How many times have you given me strength to
Just keep breathing?
Oh I need you
God, I need you now.

Standing on a road I didn't plan
Wondering how I got to where I am
I'm trying to hear that still small voice
I'm trying to hear above the noise

How many times have you heard me cry out
"God please take this"?
How many times have you given me strength to
Just keep breathing?
Oh I need you
God, I need you now.

Though I walk,
Though I walk through the shadows
And I, I am so afraid
Please stay, please stay right beside me
With every single step I take

How many times have you heard me cry out?
And how many times have you given me strength?

How many times have you heard me cry out
"God please take this"?
How many times have you given me strength to
Just keep breathing?
Oh I need you
God, I need you now.

I need you now
Oh I need you
God, I need you now.
I need you now
I need you now