Sunday, September 8, 2013

Gratitude Day 8: Prayers





Trial and Prayer...

"The camel, at the close of day kneels down upon the sandy plain to have his burden lifted off and rest again.

My soul thou too shouldst to thy knees when daylight draweth to a close, and let thy master lift thy load and grant repose.

Else how canst thou tomorrow meet, with all tomorrow's work to do, if thou thy burden all the night dost carry through?

The camel kneels at break of day to have his guide replace his load, then rise up again to take the desert road.

So thou shouldst kneel at morning's dawn that God may give thee daily care assured that He no load too great will make thee bear." --Anna Temple

I am grateful for the heavy loads I born in this life and have yet to bear. Through my sorrows and sufferings, I have come to know Christ and through Christ, I have come to know humility, patience, kindness, unconditional love, trust, faith, repentance, forgiveness, tolerance, compassion, and charity. There is so much more to learn and many times relearn, but it's completely worth it...to know Christ.