Sarah set a goal to earn all of her soccer/uniform/tournament fees through fundraising. To us it was a daunting task. She had to have all her remaining 59 candy bars sold by this coming Friday in order to cover the cost of her remaining gear, which had luckily been placed on back order...meaning her soccer account would not be charged until the items had been shipped.
I was so worried with the busy week ahead that we would not have time to sell any. We had only a two hour window today to sell them, so I prayed that people would open their doors to my girls and buy candy bars. Thanks be to God, he not only helped open doors, but he opened the windows of heaven and poured us out a blessing.
I watched in gratitude and awe as my daughter's joined together and worked hard to sell all 59 candy bars in the span of 2 hours in the pouring rain. Kat didn't have to go help her sister and yet she did, happily. It was a sweet moment for me to watch these girls who often clash, come together.
Sarah will sleep well tonight knowing that she worked hard on the field today with a 2:1 win and worked hard off the field earning her gear. Kat will sleep well tonight knowing she scored two goals at her game and served her sister unselfishly.
Before they bounded off to bed, I felt prompted to invite them into my room for a prayer of gratitude to our loving Heavenly Father for such a blessed day.
Not all days are like this one, but when they are I embrace them.
