Monday, September 9, 2013

Gratitude Day 9: One On One Time



Spending time with my children one by one.

"And he took their little children, one by one, and blessed them, and prayed unto the Father for them." - 3 Nephi 17:21
I can envision in my mind this sacred scene of the Savior blessing his little ones, not collectively as a whole, but individually one by one.

I wonder what it must have been like to feel completely loved and cherished.

I want my children to not only feel such love, but know it.
How else will they know if I don't show them, by praying for their specific needs and connecting with them one on one.

Raising our children without the comfort, strength, and guidance prayers provide is unimaginable...unthinkable. They to need see and hear my husband and I pray for them. They need us to cut out all of the worldly distractions and be with them.

This past week, I have been cutting out things in my life that suck away time with my children and spouse. I then decided to take a moment out of my day and participate in a one on one activity with each of them.

Dave- Running in the mornings.
Mike-Walking our dog.
Sarah- Early morning scripture study & Personal progress on the back patio.
Kaitlyn-Preparing/ cooking meals.
William-Snuggle and read a book.

I know that by simply spending a few meaningful moments of one on one time with my family, we will not only grow closer together, but we'll grow closer to the Lord and feel a greater abundance of His love in our hearts and home.