Sunday, September 22, 2013

Gratitude Day 22: Angels



 Credit
 
"There are many people on earth that are said to be "angels", because they live their life in such a caring and giving way, bestowing messages of hope and gifts of love upon others" 
Author--Unknown
  • My daughters-- They come home from school everyday and talk with me about their day. It's incredibly exciting to hear about school, grades, tests, and friends. If I sm hsving a bad day, this kind of connection cheers me up.
  • My mother--  She listens as I jabber off about how I am feeling and how my kids are doing. She gives me great wisdom about dealing with stress and reminds me that God is aware of my struggles and will bless me for being strong. It's nice to feel her support and love.
  • The Young Women- I teach the girls ages 12-15 at church. This is a new position for me and I feel inadequate at times. I don't have the best connection with these girls yet. They all pretty much keep to themselves, although they do share during the lessons.The bonus of teaching is that every time I prepare my lessons, the topic has been just what I've needed. It's as if the Lord is telling me, "This is my gift to you!" Each lesson has been a tender mercy for me lately. I hope these amazing girls know I love them and pray for them. I sense that some of them might be carrying a heavy load and I hope the Lord will guide me to be a support to them if that's what he needs of me. Sometimes I want to tell them, " Just let go of the brave faces"..."You are better than you think you are"..."be yourself"...."you don't have to struggle alone"..."I am here for you"..." to speak words of comfort to you"....I have a shoulder you can cry and blow your nose on"... "I will listen..."I will be an angel for you."