Monday, September 23, 2013

Gratitude Day 23: Kindness





 Kindness-- I always tell my children, "Kindness Begins with Me," when they are fighting with each other. I know they are annoyed with it now, but someday when they have children of their own they'll remember it and use it. Better yet, it will remind them now, to be kind to everyone. I am grateful for this little sayings my own mother taught me. Didn't appreciate them at the time, but now I do.

Act of Kindness for Today--
My husband came home for lunch and showed me kindness by listening to me for 30 minutes, as I shared my stresses with him. He didn't interrupt he just listened. I am thankful he takes time out of his day for me, especially when I am struggling.

We went to a marriage retreat a few weeks ago, and received a 5 x 7 frame. Inside is a white piece of paper that says, "I love you because..." We were asked to use a whiteboard marker and complete the sentence. My sweetheart has been leaving me love messages all week.


"There is no end to the good we can do, to the influence we can have with others. Let us not dwell on the critical or the negative. Let us pray for strength; let us pray for capacity and desire to assist others. Let us radiate the light of the gospel at all times and all places, that the Spirit of the Redeemer may radiate from us."--President Gordon B. Hinckley, "The Need for Greater Kindness"