
Today is a day of mourning and remembrance.
May we remember those who are suffering, because they are the ones who'll be strong enough and ready to help us when it's our turn.
”To whom do we look, in days of grief and disaster, for help and consolation? . . . They are men and women who have suffered, and out of their experience in suffering they bring forth the riches of their sympathy and condolences as a blessing to those now in need. Could they do this had they not suffered themselves?" --President James E. Faust
The Lord knows what is in our hearts, the secrets we hide, the silent burdens we carry, the physical and spiritual pain we feel, the character weaknesses that hold us back from truly coming to him. We all have things in our lives that create a heavy load for us to bear. Sometimes those loads weigh us down to the point of feeling like we're going to break. We need help, but don't know where to turn. We may have carried the burden for so long that we aren't willing to let go of it.
I have done this...it doesn't work!
I had to lay my burden at the Savior's feet, the sooner I did, my load became lighter and healing began to take place.
Part of the process of healing was to step outside my comfort zone and reach out for help. To find others who understood my weaknesses, pain, and suffering. It took a great amount of faith and trust, but once I took that step, I began a journey that has lifted and strengthened me ever since. There is no turning back. I am on a path to wholeness, happiness, peace, and conversion.
If you are carrying a heavy burden and in need of help, come to the Lord for guidance and strength. Pray to know who you can share your burden with. Chances are the Lord has already placed someone on your path that has experienced something similar and is ready to help you. Don't let fear stop you. The Lord wants you to come as you are; broken, in need of mending. He can heal you!
I know it's hard, but you can do hard things. If I can do it, you can.
I am surrendering my weaknesses, and pains to him everyday. Putting full trust in His will and in his ability to change me into the person he needs me to be. As I do this, I feel his redeeming power in my life. I witness his tender mercies more and more and feel him changing my heart. It's a step by step process, it requires patience, and an incredible amount of trust, but it's an amazing and beautiful journey.
I hope we are all seeking for that.
One last thought, a tender mercy really...I was reading my scriptures and came across Psalms 138:3, "In the day when I cried thou answered me, and strengthenedst me with strength in my soul."
It was like a love note from Heaven. God remembers me. Just yesterday he gave me strength in my mourning. He will do the same for you. He remembers you, will you remember Him?