Being thin doesn't mean, I don't need to exercise. Everyone needs to exercise. I heard on the radio once, "A body in motion stays in motion. A body at rest stays at rest." Well, I don't want to rest in peace before it's my time, so I figure I better stay in motion.
My only problem is motivation and commitment. Once I get started it's difficult to convince my mind to keep going.
Here is a run down of my workout history...
- Ran races on the playground at recess in elementary. Who didn't? It was cool, right?
- Played softball and tennis in Jr. High. I of course joined for social reasons. In Softball, I pitched on JV. I got really good at it. I practiced everyday with a mini trampoline as my re-bounder. I thought, "This is going to be my sport!" Then while pitching for my church team, I got knocked out by a line drive. I seriously saw stars for the first time. That was the end of softball for me.
- In High school I took an Aerobics class. My teacher was fresh from the 80's era. Sweat bands, leg warmers, and hot pink tights. You name it she wore it. She was CRAZY, but she inspired me to push myself.
- In college, I took an Aerobic Dance class and several health classes. I loved it and wanted to be a personal trainer. I thought, "I could help my husband to get into shape." Nope, that didn't work, so I gave up on that plan.
- I did P90 and Beach Body for 3 months with my husband. This time I saw some amazing results.
Day 1 Pic. (2008)
I call it "Toothpick Girl." That's is wear I am at now.
The kids joined us.
Our little boy loved working out!
After a couple of months.
(Sorry for the belly shot, you'll see why I posted it below.)
(Sorry for the belly shot, you'll see why I posted it below.)
After 3 months. I was buff!
- I then did P90X for 75 days.
Oh and goodbye chicken legs!
Yoga was my favorite!
I was at my healthiest weight and I felt great!
Then in 2009, I lost a baby and my health went down hill. The energy and muscle I worked so hard to gain became non-existent.
I was diagnosed in 2010 with Barrett's, a hernia, and GERD. Exercise was painful for my condition. I had to have surgery in 2011, which took me 4 months to recover from. The doctor told me after the surgery, "You will never be able to lift more than 25 lbs again." That put a major damper on my motivation to exercise. Out of fear, I pretty much gave up on lifting weights ever again.
- Running was all I could do and I loved it!
At the end of 2011, I was diagnosed with EOE and had given up on exercise. I started to believe I didn't need it anymore. The great pessimist in me lost hope of ever getting better.
In April 2012, I lost another baby. I became depressed, which only made matters worse for my health condition. I was faced with more difficult challenges that year and many times felt I should start running again. I followed that impression and began running on my treadmill. There were days where it was all I could do to push through the emotional and physical pain. I'd tune into Christian radio and tell myself, "Just RUN!!"
A few weeks went by, I began to feel energy, strength, and happiness renewed. My knees and hips started hurting again, but I didn't care. I just ran. Sometimes crying and praying as I went.
A few weeks went by, I began to feel energy, strength, and happiness renewed. My knees and hips started hurting again, but I didn't care. I just ran. Sometimes crying and praying as I went.
My favorite Song to run to...
Honestly, this past year, exercise has been hit and miss. I've had to find a whole new diet, because of EOE and also work through an addiction to control. It's been frustrating, but I am finally at a point where exercise can only improve my health, so I better step up and just do it!
Today, my husband and I made a commitment to be healthy. We've already been working our way towards the Paleo diet. Now we've joined a gym. Last on our list get more sleep.
Today, my husband and I made a commitment to be healthy. We've already been working our way towards the Paleo diet. Now we've joined a gym. Last on our list get more sleep.
Our goal: Workout today and keep going.
I saw this on Pinterest and thought it was just what I needed to get me to the gym...
Wow, I am excited to feel great again! Are you?
Namaste











