
I have had to search for a momentary break from the storms of life by focusing on God and Christ.They are my refuge and strength when the wind and hail are pounding.
Elder Neil L. Anderson quoted the Apostle Paul in an article entitled, "Trials of Your Faith," saying, "Think it not strange, concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you." (1 Peter 4:12)
He continued by saying, " These fiery trials are designed to MAKE YOU STRONGER,
but they have the potential to diminish or even destroy your trust in
the Son of God and to weaken your resolve to keep your promises to Him.
These trials are often camouflaged, making them difficult to identify.
They take root in our weaknesses, our vulnerabilities, our
sensitivities, or in those things that matter most to us. A real but
manageable test for one can be a fiery trial for another."
Miscarriages, though easy for someone else to endure, haven't been easy for me. Many of them have literally broken my body and weakened my faith.
"I would like to speak to those who have lost a child and have asked the
question, “Why me?” or maybe even questioned your own faith in a loving
Father in Heaven. It is my prayer that by the power of the Holy Ghost, I
may bring some measure of hope, of peace, and of understanding. It is
my desire to be an instrument in bringing about a restoration of your
faith in our loving Father in Heaven, who knows all things and allows us
to experience trials so that we can come to know and love Him and
understand that without Him we have nothing." (Because I Live, Ye Shall Live Also,by Elder Shayne M. Bowen)
Except, now that I've walked through the valleys of darkness and found hope and faith through relying on a loving Heavenly Father, my perspective has changed. When I feel tempted to complain with, "Why me?" I imagine the Lord answer being, "Why not?" Such a thought builds not only my confidence in my ability to endure the trial, but helps me trust in the Lord more fully. To think he trust me enough to give me something so difficult says a lot about my divine worth. God knows me, what I am capable of dealing with, and what lessons I need to learn in order to bring about the necessary change which will help me to become more like Him.
Is it still difficult to put my trust in him?
Yes!
Will I still ask, "Why me?"
Probably.
Hey, I'm not perfect.
I am weak.
Yet in my weakness I am made strong. And when I am strong, I can share with other where my strength comes from.
"I can do all things through Christ, which strengtheneth me" and you can, too! (Philippian 4:13)
Stronger by Mandisa
Hey, heard you were up all night
Thinking about how your world ain't right
And you wonder if things will ever get better
And you're asking why is it always raining on you
When all you want is just a little good news
Instead of standing there stuck out in the weather
Oh, don't hang your head
It's gonna end
God's right there
Even if it's hard to see Him
I promise you that He still cares
[Chorus:]
When the waves are taking you under
Hold on just a little bit longer
He knows that this is gonna make you stronger, stronger
The pain ain't gonna last forever
And things can only get better
Believe me
This is gonna make you stronger
Gonna make you stronger, stronger, stronger
Believe me, this is gonna make you Stronger
Try and do the best you can
Hold on and let Him hold your hand
And go on and fall into the arms of Jesus
Oh, lift your head it's gonna end
God's right there
Even when you just can't feel Him
I promise you that He still cares
[Chorus]
'Cause if He started this work in your life
He will be faithful to complete it
If only you believe it
He knows how much it hurts
And I'm sure that He's gonna help you get through this
When the waves are taking you under
Hold on just a little bit longer
He knows that this is gonna make you stronger, stronger
The pain ain't gonna last forever
In time it's gonna get better
Believe me
This is gonna make you stronger