Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Gratitude Day 31: Worth




Credit
 
"When we discover who we are and what we are capable of, we begin to have a desire to be better than we think we are."

Challenges in my life over the past several years have taken a toll on my self worth. These past few months I've felt drawn to search for it again.

It's been a difficult process! I have had to honestly search my past and reflect on all the good and bad in my life; things that have molded me into the person I am today. I have discovered that the good outweighs the bad by a lot. I wouldn't trade the experience for anything, because through it all I am finally uncovering the worth that God has placed deep inside my soul.


Ardeth Kapp said, in her book, 'Better Than You Think You Are,'

"We must not give way to the constant, subtle, but destructive influence of the adversary who seeks to have good women demean themselves and others and cause them to focus on what may appear to be failure.” 

When I am in the midst of a trial, the adversary always arouses in my mind an awareness of my inadequacies and weaknesses. Instead of turning inward and listening to his lies, I have chosen to combat them with truth. For example, when the thought, "You are stupid" enters my mind. I say, "Am I really stupid? I made it through college with excellent grades and graduated with a degree. I am far from stupid!" 

It really works! In fact it's better than trying to replace such thoughts with music or scriptures, because no matter what, the lies will always come in. Satan isn't going anywhere and you can't stop him from whispering lies to you, but you can fight back with the truth.

A friend just posted this video on Facebook and it fit so perfectly with my thoughts here. This is the truth about all women...