Many of them I never even knew before, until similar experiences intertwined us. I have to admit, they are my best friends. They know my quiet heart...my fears, sorrows, pain, worth, and longings. I know their quiet hearts as well. I want them to know that even though I haven't connected with them lately, I still pray for them and think of them often. I hope to connect real soon. I miss you all! You know who you are.
One of them just sent me a CD in the mail. Many of the songs she chose were just what I needed. Music has had a profound effect on the healing of my soul.
One of my favorite songs on the CD is "I Am His Daughter" by Nicole Sheahan. I shared it with the Young Women at church on Sunday. I posted 50 hurtful words all over the class room; words that we often tell ourselves when we are feeling inadequate and words that we tend to speak to our friends. I then played this song, and had the girls cover every negative word with positive words. Finally, I had them pass a mirror around the room and while looking at it say, "I am_______ (fill in the blank with 3 or 4 positive words). It was a beautiful experience! I challenged them to only speak uplifting words to themselves and everyone around them.
Just knowing that I am a daughter of God helps me to speak words of love to myself and others. I wouldn't have that knowledge today, if it weren't for some amazing friends who reminded me when the chips were down. Thank you!
I am His Daughter by Nicole Sheahan
The photos in the magazines
Don't dictate who I'm supposed to be
The world can't recognize, all that I am inside
But I know in His eyes, I am a part of, the bigger picture,
There's so much more to me
He helps me see that I have so much to offer
I am His daughter
He loves me the way I am,
He's my strength when I stand
He is my King, and my Father,
I am His daughter.
The people on the TV screen,
The leaders, rulers, and queens
I watch them shape the world,
And though I'm just a girl, I still know for sure,
That I am a part of, the bigger picture
There's so much more to me
He helps me see that I have so much to offer
I am His daughter
He loves me the way I am,
He's my strength when I stand
He is my King, and my Father,
I am His daughter
And when I'm feeling small,
And wondering if I'll ever, find courage to stand tall
Through His love I remember
There's so much more to me
He helps me to see that I have so much to offer
I am His daughter
He loves me the way I am
He's my strength when I stand
He is my King, and my Father,
I am His daughter
