Our daughter, Kat couldn't sleep last night. She was scared of something. We are still not sure what she was scared of, but it was enough to cause quite a dramatic scene at 11 pm. I am thinking her body was experiencing withdrawals from the medicine she had been taking while she was sick.
Anyhow, she was distraught and both Dave and I were a little impatient with her. He got up to remedy the situation, but no matter what he said or did, she was not happy. He decided she needed her mommy and gave up his side of the bed to her.
I normally do not allow our children in our bed, because they are little kickers and teeth grinders. However, I felt tonight was the exception. I took full advantage of this rare moment given to me. We talked, prayed, and I sang," I am a Child of God" to her. Then we snuggled a bit and she fell asleep.