Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Gratitude Day 60: Balance


To do list


Here is my To Do List...
  • Laundry
  • Play with kids
  • Soccer Practices
  • Halloween parties
  • Ironing
  • Feng Shui
  • Dishes
  • Vacuuming
  • Toilet scrubbing
  • Baking Rest Stop Fundraiser treats.
  • Visiting teaching
  • Date nights
  • Hanging with friends
  • Reading blogs
  • Budgeting Christmas & Thanksgiving vacation
  • Church meetings 
Looks like fun right?  Will it all get done? NO!

But there is something to be said about busyness... I use to think, "If I don't have things to do, it means I am useless and lazy." I couldn't sit still and enjoy the moments, because there was always too much to do and very little time to do it.

I'd carry a go to girl attitude and sometimes commit to going until the job gets done or until I ran out of energy.

I still falter a bit, but it's okay. I am learning to prioritize the important things. Then pick a few unimportant things on my list each day and tackle them. I'm also taking time to stop and enjoy the moments of teaching, laughing, and playing with my children. I am not perfect, but I am better than I use to be.