Monday, October 28, 2013

Gratitude Day 58: Thoughts




FOR TODAY

Outside my window...The sun is shining tricking me into thinking it's warm outside, but I am happy it's bright presence is known. Brilliantly colored leaves are scattering across the yard from a slight breeze. The trees are almost bare, reminding me of the impending winter.

I am thinking...it's time to repaint my bedroom, the color is dull and dreary. It reminds me of a hospital room, but at least I have a place to call home.

I am thankful...for my children who love me, even when I forget to put notes in their lunches.

I am wondering...where our country is headed the next 4 years, but grateful we still have freedoms.

I am reading..."Mothering with Spiritual Power: Book of Mormon Inspirations for Raising a Righteous Family," by Debra Sansing Woods

"We can if we are not careful, become consumed with fear and worry over what is going on in our world today, so much so that we lose any sense of peace and hope for our children and their future. And when this happens, we can deepen our children's own worries and fears without intending to. But this does not have to happen. There is a better way to raise our children in these latter-days. And that better way is to become ever more conscious of nurturing peace in our children even as we face troubling times."

"All thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children." --3 Nephi 22:13

My thoughts on this...A strong sense of inner peace for myself and my children can be found by coming to know the Savior and helping them know him, too. By immersing my children in the scriptural accounts of the Savior's life and his teachings, an abundance of peace will distill upon us.

Also taking time to really listen to my children as they share their worries and concerns about troubling events or even threats of troubling events can open the door of opportunity for teaching them how the Savior brought peace to the hearts of those in distress and how they can obtain such peace for themselves.

I am hoping...for a mild winter although I do like to look at snow and play in it.

I am looking forward to...Thanksgiving. I can't wait! The best part, David is planning a surprise. 

I am learning...to let go and let God. I know he will not leave me comfortless.

I am pondering...on whether or not I should put my 9 years old daughter in gymnastics. She is self taught and really good.

A favorite quote for today..."May today there be peace within. May you trust that you are exactly where you are meant to be. May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith in yourself and others. May you use the gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you. May you be content with yourself just the way you are. Let this knowledge settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love. It is there for each and every one of us." 
~Mother Teresa

One of my favorite things...Old movies...anything Audrey Hepburn. I love "Funny Face" and "Sabrina."

I am listening to Pandora...Lindsey Kane singing one of my favorite hymns, "How Great Thou Art." It happens to be my grandpa Gledhill's favorites, too. I miss him!