Friday, September 27, 2013

Gratitude Day 27: Holiness of Heart


Credit

"O Lord, pour out thy spirit upon thy servant that (I) may do this with holiness of heart." --Mosiah 18:12

I realize as a busy mother of 4, I have a difficult time finding a quiet space for personal reflection and prayer. Often chores, my church responsibilities, volunteering, and chauffeuring takes up most of my time. I have been seriously lacking in my spiritual nourishment this week.

As I sit waiting for my daughter's at their piano lesson, I'm taking the time to study my scriptures and write in my journal. This precious time of spiritual connection and writing helps me to find happiness and purpose in my days, as a mother to God's children.

My goal is to become the kind of mother that parents with holiness of heart.

To me Holiness of heart means to...
  • Be in tune with the spirit on a daily basis, through prayer and scripture study.
  • Be more involved with my children's spiritual nourishment. Take time to teach them gospel truths.
  • Recognize their divine nature. See them through the eyes of Christ.
  • Prayerfully seek to appreciate and honor their individual worth, gifts, and talents that need to be developed.
  • Serve them.
"The Lord needs women who will teach children to work and learn and serve and believe. Whether they are our own or another’s, we must stand up and state, “Here am I; send me to watch over your little ones, to put them first, to guide and protect them from evil, to love them.

"...The Lord has called us to do all that we do with 'holiness of heart.'

More holiness give me,
More strivings within,
More patience in suff’ring,
More sorrow for sin,
More faith in my Savior,
More sense of his care,
More joy in his service,
More purpose in prayer.  

Holiness prompts the words “Here am I; send me.” -- Bonnie D. Parkin